This year brought yet another breakthrough for Sirena Total Home Cleaning System. New certifications from The Carpet and Rug Institute and The Space Foundation validate the company’s claims of having created one of the most efficient, technologically-advanced, and, most importantly, healthiest vacuum cleaners the world has ever seen. So, what kinds of tests did Sirena System have to go through in order to obtain these certifications?
GOLD Seal of Approval (The Carpet and Rug Institute)
CRI combines the indoor air quality protection of its Green Label vacuum program with the enhanced cleaning standards of its Seal of Approval programs to identify even better performing vacuum cleaners than the previous program. Under the Seal of Approval/Green Label vacuum program, manufacturers must meet higher performance standards and are rewarded with Bronze, Silver or Gold ratings. This program tests two general categories of vacuums:
- General-purpose vacuums approved for use on all conventional carpet styles
- Vacuums specifically approved for use on carpet with low pile, or surface texture measuring approximately a quarter inch or less
To earn the CRI Seal of Approval/Green Label certification, vacuums must pass the following independent laboratory tests:
- Soil removal — CRI uses NASA-enhanced x-ray fluorescence technology instead of traditional gravimetrix testing to measure the precise amount of soil removed from carpet — either 30 oz/sy commercial cut pile carpet or 30 oz/sy loop pile carpet.
- Dust containment — The vacuum must not release more than 100 micrograms of dust particles per cubic meter of air, keeping dirt and dust locked tight in the vacuum — not escaping back into the air where it can be breathed.
- Fiber Protection — The vacuum must not affect the texture of the commercial cut pile carpet (900 passes with sample rotated every 50 passes) more than a one-step change based on one year of normal vacuum use.
Space Certification (The Space Foundation)
The Space Foundation builds awareness of the benefits of space through our Space Certification™ program, which demonstrates how space technologies improve life on Earth and makes space more interesting and accessible to everyone.
Space Certification products and services are guaranteed to have stemmed from or been improved by technologies developed for space exploration or to effectively promote the value of space utilization. Using the official Space Certification seal provides a marketing edge for partners, demonstrates how space technologies improve life on Earth and makes space more accessible to everyone.
Why is this certification so important for Sirena System:
- Good Things From Space – Space technology touches and enhances practically every aspect of life on Earth. Much of what improves our lives – think healthcare, communications, travel, recreation, entertainment – benefits directly from technology originally developed for or improved for space exploration. Technologies developed to get us “out there” come home to improve life on Earth.
- It’s Everywhere. It’s Big Business – The Space Certification Program provides special recognition for the companies that produce and market these products and services.
While it’s certainly a major achievement for Sirena Total Home Cleaning System, the journey is hardly over. The team at Sirena Inc. is currently exploring opportunities to obtain even more certifications both in North America and internationally. The goal is to make it clear for everyone that by buying Sirena Total Home Cleaning System you aren’t just getting a great vacuum cleaner but investing your hard-earned money into a truly outstanding product.